BALTIMORE - Sophomore Christina Corbi (Medford, N.J.) scored the lone goal for the Retrievers on Sunday afternoon as UMBC fell, 4-1, to the Hartford Hawks in America East play.
- Hartford's Kalia Lozada put the Hawks on the board first in the 15th minute after Hayley Nolan sent her a pass from the right side that Lozada sent into the net from 12 yards out.
- Lozada gave the Hawks a 2-0 lead in the 23rd minute when she sent a shot from inside the box that was blocked into the goal.
- The Hawks almost took a 3-0 lead in the 35th minute after a corner kick sailed into the box, but the ensuing header was blocked.
- In the 40th minute, Leah Roth (Valencia, Pa.) saved another Hartford attempt to add to their lead before the half.
- Hartford took a 3-0 lead in the 52nd minute when Skylar Vitiello headed a Julia Carr corner kick into the back of the net.
- Meredith Webber (Yardley, Pa.) looked to put UMBC on the board in the 56th minute, but Hartford's Maia Perez was there to make the stop.
- In the 61st minute, the Hawks took a 4-0 lead after Carr sent another corner into the box, which Magalie Kayrouz put into the net.
- In the 79th minute, Corbi put the Retrievers on the board for her third goal of the season, burying a penalty kick into the left side of the net.
FOR THE RECORD
- Hartford remains unbeaten in America East play at 2-0-1 and moves to 9-1-2 overall. UMBC falls to 0-3-0 in conference play and to 1-11-0 overall.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Hartford outshot UMBC, 17-2, with a 6-2 advantage on goal. The Hawks also had a 10-1 benefit in the first half.
- The Hawks earned five corner kicks, two of which led to goals, compared to the Retrievers' one.
- Corbi and Webber led the Retrievers with one shot a piece.
MINDING THE NET
- Perez moves to 9-1-1 on the season, making only one save in goal. Roth falls to 1-9-0 on the year, but made two saves in goal
ONTO THE NEXT ONE
- The Retrievers will take the week off before heading up to Vermont on Sunday, October 7 for a 12 p.m. contest with the Catamounts.