|High School:||Gimnasium 1505|
|Major:||Bioinformatics and Computational Biology|
- Named a team captain for the 2018-19.
- At the ECAC Championships, finished first in the 100 free (43.97) and 200 free (1:37.63).
- Three-time champion at the America East Championships.
- Became the first Retriever in program history to break the 20-second mark in the 50 free, shattering the America East and UMBC record with a time of 19.85 in the leadoff leg of the 200 free relay.
- Earned gold in the 50 free (19.91), 100 free (44.28), and 200 free (1:37.55).
- Helped the men’s 200 medley relay team break the school and conference record in a time of 1:27.41.
- Also helped the Retrievers reset an America East record in the 400 medley relay in a time of 3:14.68.
- Helped the Retrievers reset the UMBC Aquatic Complex record in the 400 medley relay (3:22.35) and 200 free relay (1:27.43) against Howard; also broke the pool record in the 50 free with a time of 20.39.
- Set a pool record with the 200 medley relay team in a time of 1:30.40 against VMI.
- Finished first in the 50 free (20.38) and second in the 100 free (45.14) and 200 free (1:40.89) at the Patriot Invitational.
- Named to the America East All-Academic Team.
- Two-time America East Male Swimmer of the Week (10/17, 11/20).
2017-18: Named America East Most Outstanding Male Swimmer after sweeping the free discipline at the America East Championships… Set a new school record in the 50 free with a time of 20.00, just .05 seconds off of Gregor Spoerlein’s time set back in 2016… Also earned gold in the 100 free (43.92) and 200 free (1:37.41)… Was a member of the men’s 200 medley relay team that broke a UMBC and America East record… Also earned gold medals with the 400 free, 400 medley and 200 free relay teams… Was a three-time finalist at the ECAC Championships… Earned second place in the 50 free, touching the wall in a time of 20.11… Also took home silver in the 200 free in a time of 1:36.91… Finished third in the 100 free in a time of 44.14... Set a Patriot Invitational record in the 100 free with a time of 44.81, breaking Spoelein’s record of 44.92… Three-time America East Male Swimmer of the Week (10/11, 10/25, 11/20)… Earned All-America East honors… Named to the America East All-Academic Team.
2016-17: A three-time finalist at the ECAC Championships in the 50 free, 100 free, and 200 free... He placed second in the 50 free where he was timed at 20.19… Took third in the 100 free with a time of 44.15… Placed third in the 200 free with a time of 1:36.94… He competed in the CCSA Championships where he was a champion in the 100 free with a time of 44.23… He was also a two-time finalist in the 200 free and 500 free… He earned fourth place in the 200 free with a time of 1:38.57… He completed the 500 free with a time of 4:26.25, earning him second place.
Background: Had his best performance at the Junior Russian National Championships two years ago, earning bronze in the 50 free… Helped his team to a first place finish in the 400 free relay at the championships this past year.
Personal: Son of Natalia and Dmitriy Rattsev… Has a career ambition to work in biomedical technology… Lists favorite food as sushi and likes to read when not swimming.