|High School:||Tecnologico de Monterrey Campus Laguna|
|Major:||Health Administration and Policy|
- Earned gold in the 200 breast at the America East Championships, touching in with a time of 2:00.16.
- Also earned silver in the 200 IM (1:49.94) and 100 breast (55.28).
- Helped the men’s 200 medley relay team break the school and conference record in a time of 1:27.41.
- At East Carolina, finished thrid in the 100 breast (57.97) and 200 breast (2:06.14), and fourth in the 200 IM (1:55.60).
- Helped the Retrievers reset the UMBC Aquatic Complex record in the 400 medley relay (3:22.35) against Howard.
- Set a pool record with the 200 medley relay team in a time of 1:30.40 against VMI.
- At the Patriot Invitational, finished 13th in the 200 breast in a time of 2:08.04 and the 100 breast in a time of 57.85.
- Against Towson, placed second in the 200 breast (2:08.48) and fourth in the 100 breast (59.26) and 200 IM (1:57.17).
- Finished second in the 200 breast, third in the 100 breast, and fifth in the 200 IM against William and Mary.
- At Navy, finished fifth in the 100 and 200 breast.
- Finished first in the 200 breast (2:07.66) and second in the 100 breast (58.02) against Johns Hopkins and Delaware.
2017-18: Set two America East records as he swept the breast discipline at the championships… Earned gold in the 100 breast with a time of 55.05, breaking a seven-year-old record set by Boston University’s Kyle Ernst… Also broke Ernst’s record in the 200 breast with a time of 1:58.77… Took home a bronze medal in the 200 IM, touching in with a time of 1:50.52… Was a member of the gold medal 400 medley relay team… Earned All-America East honors.
2016-17: Two-time finalist at the ECAC Championships where he placed second in the 100 breast with a time of 54.92… Took fifth in the 200 breast after clocking in with a time of 2:01.06… Was a two-time finalist at the CCSA Championships, placing fourth in the 100 breast with a time of 55.40… Also placed sixth in the 200 breast with a time of 2:01.11… He also finished ninth in the 200 IM with a time of 1:51.36.
Background: Represented his country of Mexico at the JR World Championships at Singapore in 2015… Best performance was in 2015 at the National Championship in Mexico which he had career-best times in the 100 and 200 in the breaststroke and IM.
Personal: Son of Ana Oliva Cardenas GLZ and Luis Galvan Aizpuru... Has one sibling, Ana Galvan Cardenas… Majoring in health, administration and policy...Lists favorite food as pizza, and favorite movie is the "Godfather"… Likes to read and hang out with friends.