|Hometown:||Mount Airy, Md.|
|High School:||South Carroll|
- Posted personal bests in the 50 free (21.97) and 100 fly (50.97) at the America East Championships.
- Finished fifth in the 200 fly at East Carolina (1:54.56).
- Also posted a personal best at the Patriot Invitational in the 100 back with a time of 58.18.
- At Navy, placed eighth in the 100 fly with a time of 52.78.
- Finished eighth in the 200 fly with a time of 1:58.63 against Johns Hopkins and Delaware.
2017-18: Swam in three events at the America East Championships… Posted a personal-best time in the 100 fly, touching the wall in 51.20… In the 200 fly, clocked in with a time of 1:53.78... Finished the 200 free in a time of 1:45.69.
2016-17: Competed at the CCSA Championships in the 100 fly, 200 fly, 200 free, and 500 free… He was finished in first place in the 200 free with a time of 1:44.43… Touched in with a time of 53.25 in the 100 fly… In the 200 fly, he touched in with a time of 1:56.19… In the 500 free, he finished with a time of 4:42.06.
2015-16: Had season-best swims at the CCSA Championships in Athens, Ga. this past spring... Finished the 50 free in a time of 22.64, while also touching the wall in a time of 51.42 in the 100 fly... Clocked in the 200 fly with a time of 1:51.94 to help the Retrievers to back-to-back championships... CCSA All-Academic Team.
Background: Named USA Swimming Scholastic All-American two years... Helped lead his team to the Eastern Zone South Sectional Title for three years straight... A member of the National Honor Society at South Carroll High School.
Personal: Son of Heidi and Keith Shorter... Has two siblings; Kaylee and Abbie... Plans on majoring in engineering... Lists favorite pro team as the Baltimore Ravens and favorite musical artist as Avenged Sevenfold.