|High School:||Long Reach|
NOTES: Broke his own Danish national record in the 200 back, becoming the first Dane to post a sub-2 minute time at the 2019 Danish Open with a time of 1:59.58... Also earned gold in the 50 back (26.00) and 100 back (55.41)... Was selected as a participant for the 2019 Summer Universiade.
- Three-time champion at the America East Championships.
- Broke the America East and UMBC records in the 100 back (47.16) and 200 back (1:44.09).
- Also earned gold in the 200 IM with a time of 1:47.89.
- Helped the men’s 200 medley relay team break the school and conference record in a time of 1:27.41.
- Also helped the Retrievers reset an America East record in the 400 medley relay in a time of 3:14.68.
- Named 2019 America East Male Outstanding Swimmer and earned the Dave Alexander Coaches’ Award.
- Helped the Retrievers reset the UMBC Aquatic Complex record in the 400 medley relay (3:22.35) and 200 free relay (1:23.43) against Howard.
- Set a pool record with the 200 medley relay team in a time of 1:30.40 against VMI.
- At the Patriot Invitational, finished second in the 200 back (1:46.69) and 200 IM (1:52.09), and third in the 100 back (49.31).
- Finished first in nine of the 16 events that he competed in this season.
- Selected to the America East All-Academic Team.
- Named the America East Men’s Swimming and Diving Scholar-Athlete.
- Selected as the Most Outstanding Male Senior Athlete at the 2019 Grittys.
2017-18: Took home three individual medals at the America East Championships… Broke former Retriever Mohamed Huessin’s America East record in the 200 back, finishing the race in a time of 1:45.27… Earned a top-place finish in the 500 free with a time of 4:27.81… Finished first in the 100 back, clocking in with a time of 48.55… Was a member of the men’s 200 medley relay team that broke a UMBC and America East record… Also earned gold in the 400 medley and 400 free relays…Also a two-time gold medalist at the ECAC Championships in the 100 and 200 back… Three-time America East Male Swimmer of the Week… Earned All-America East honors… Named to the America East All-Academic team.
2016-17: Two-time champion at the ECAC Championships in the 100 back with a time of 48.16 and 200 back with 1:44.73… Set his personal best at the CCSA Championships where he was a champion in the 200 back with a time of 1:44.59 and a two-time finalist, placing second in the 100 back with a time of 47.90 and third place in the 500 free with a time of 4:26.72.
2015-16: Made a big splash during his first season as a Retriever, winning gold at both the ECAC Championships and the Danish Open in the 200 backstroke... Clocked in with a time of 1:45.38 at the ECAC Championships, after taking fourth at the CCSA Championships in 1:46.19... Also placed fifth in Athens with times of 48.94 (100 back) and 15:57.13 (1,650 free) at the championships... CCSA All-Academic Team... CSCAA Scholar All-American.
Background: Named Scholastic All-American in 2014… Earned the Howard County Good Sport Award, as well as being named Maryland Long Course 16 Year Old Male Swimmer of the Year.
Personal: Son of Marian and Ulrik Gliese… Has one sibling, Sara… Lists favorite food as sushi… Plans on majoring in mechanical engineering.