The UMBC men's soccer team (11-4-5) travels to Norfolk, Va. to take on Old Dominion (11-3-2) in the first round of the NCAA College Cup on Thursday, Nov. 15. Kick-off time at the ODU Soccer Complex is set for 7:00 p.m. For those unable to travel to Norfolk, follow the live stats link onwww.umbcretrievers.com or the constant updates we will on Twitter at https://twitter.com/UMBCAthletics.
- · UMBC is unbeaten in its last seven contests (6-0-1) and has outscored their opponents, 19-3, in that span.
- · The Retrievers have captured the America East title for the second time in three seasons, advancing to the NCAA College Cup on both occasions.
- · In 2010, UMBC defeated No. 10 and host Princeton, 2-1, in the tournament's first round. The Retrievers played No. 7 William & Mary to a 0-0 2OT draw, but did not advance, falling in penalty kicks, 4-3.
- · This is UMBC's third NCAA College Cup appearance overall, having earned a bid in 1999. That year, UMBC played at No. 1 Duke, and led, 3-1, before falling, 4-3, in overtime. UMBC ended that season at 19-1-1 and owned the nation's best winning percentage.
- · UMBC's current seven-game unbeaten streak is its longest of the season and its longest most since opening the 2010 season with nine consecutive victories.
- · Known for its offense for most of the season, UMBC has not allowed a goal in 331 minutes and is 23rd in the nation, allowing 0.81 goals per game.
- · America East teams have advanced to the second round of the NCAA College Cup in eight of the last 11 years, including UMBC in 2010.