UMBC Athletics is poised and ready for greatness. Our history-making NCAA men's basketball victory and 2014 College Cup run demonstrated the heights we could achieve through grit and determination. We instill that ethic in all of our student-athletes and are proud of their athletic and academic achievements.
In concert with UMBC's 50th anniversary three years ago, the university released a strategic plan that is taking root across the campus. Building on its strengths with the university, the athletics department is now revealing its road map to guide decision-making into the future. Connecting with two of UMBC's strategic plan focus areas – The Student Experience and Community and Extended Connections – the athletics department has the opportunity to elevate the profile of the department, create a sense of pride and tradition across campus and build true partnerships within the community.
"We are so proud of our athletics department and the achievements of our student-athletes," said UMBC President Dr. Freeman Hrabowski. "This strategic plan will serve as a useful guide as we think about the role of athletics and the University's future."
As UMBC Athletics unveils its Strategic Plan, 2018-2023, our core principles will be:
1. Promoting Academic Excellence
2. Growing the profile and reputation of UMBC Athletics
3. Building a championship athletics experience
4. Strengthening campus and community relationships
5. Enhancing the experience for all UMBC students - in recreation, club sports and student wellness.
6. Executing strategic and effective fund-raising
We hope all of #RetrieverNation will join us in this bold endeavor.