Women's Basketball Home | 2013-14 Schedule/Results | 2013-14 Roster | 2013-14 News | 2013-14 Statistics | In Review
Email This Page
Women’s Basketball Team Takes Part in Race for the Cure
HUNT VALLEY, Md. – The UMBC women’s basketball team participated in Sunday morning’s Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Maryland. Prior to the race, the Retrievers’ squad combined to raise $915 for the event.
Because early detection is the best protection for breast cancer, the Komen Maryland funds grants that increase the number of women who receive annual screening mammograms and clinical breast exams, with up to 75 percent of the net funds raised by the Komen Maryland Race for the Cure stay in the Maryland community to fund these vital breast cancer programs. The remaining 25 percent of funding supports national research to find the cures for breast cancer.