UMBC Class of 2013 Student-Athletes Celebrated
Seniors and coaches of the women's soccer team
Graduation ceremony at First Mariner Arena
BALTIMORE – On Thursday, May 23, 2013, UMBC and its 1,977 undergraduates receiving their diplomas, celebrated the school’s 59th commencement at the First Mariner Arena. Among those honored for their years of hard work and dedication to both the university, and its community, were 56 Retriever student-athletes.
During their reign at UMBC, the Class of 2013 accumulated a number of accomplishments and honors both on and off the field of play. Among those who graduated were:
· 39 America East All-Conference selections
· 14 America East All-Academic honorees
· 39 America East Commissioner’s Honor Roll recipients and 56 America Honor Roll members
· 20 National College Athlete Honor Society Members
· The eight-time America East shot put champion – Amanda Deller
· A two-time America East Men’s Soccer Scholar-Athlete and a 2012 Capital One First Team All-Academic All-American – Liam Paddock
· The 2012 ECAC Most Outstanding Male Diver – Andrew Eckhoff
· A 2012 NSCCA All-Northeast Region Second Team honoree – Milo Kapor
Five student-athletes graduated with honors – three cum laude and two magna cum laude. The group has also combined for 27 semesters with a 4.0.
In addition, 16 Retriever student-athletes are set to graduate by the end of the calendar year, bringing the total of 2013 graduates to 72.