Student-Athlete Opportunity Fund (SAOF)
This fund is established to further benefit the student-athlete. The fund is intended to provide direct benefits to the student-athletes or their families as determined by the Athletics Department, America East Conference Office and NCAA consistent with the following principle:
All student-athletes, including international, are eligible to receive SAOF benefits, regardless of whether they re grant-in-aid recipients, have demonstrated need due to either exhausted eligibility or no longer participate due to medical reasons.
Student-Athletes should contact their head coach or Senior Associate Athletic Director/Compliance if they believe they may qualify.
Special Assistance Fund for Student-Athletes
The Special Assistance Fund assists student-athletes who are Pell eligible and/or have unmet financial need. The six types of expenses for which student-athletes may receive funding include:
- Cost of clothing, shoes, one trip home and other essential expenses (not entertainment) up to $500.
- Purchase or expendable academic course supplies (i.e., notebooks, pens) and cost of rental of nonexpendable supplies (i.e., computer equipment and cameras) that are required of all students enrolled in a class.
- Medical and dental costs not covered by another insurance program.
- Costs associated with student-athlete or family emergencies.
- Hearing aids or vision therapy (i.e., contact lenses, eyeglasses).
- Off-campus psychological counseling.
Student-athletes receiving a Pell Grant will be notified by the Compliance Office when to apply for such funding; however, all other student-athletes should speak with the Compliance Office directly if they feel they may be eligible for some funding.